A recent study by the University of Missouri and the USDA-ARS revealed that the three dimensional view of soils provided better representation of corn yield environments than traditional public soil maps in 80 percent of more than 400 fields analyzed.
Encirca℠ Yield Service
Recent research from DuPont Pioneer Agronomy Sciences has identified an 8 to 13 bushel potential yield advantage by implementing variable rate seeding. Encirca℠ Yield Stand provides variable rate seeding prescriptions for the hybrids you want to plant.*
We call these variable productivity areas Decision Zones. Building Decision Zones that are tailored to your farm will help you look at each field in an entirely new way, and are delivered through two steps
1. Soils The essential building block of crop production. Encirca℠ services provides deeper insights by combining the proprietary analytics of DuPont Pioneer with soil characterization, topography and watershed expertise from the University of Missouri and the United States Department of Agriculture Agriculture Research Service, to further predict how crop yields will respond to inputs.
2. Yield Target We’ll work with you to identify a yield target for each field. Unique weighted productivity values are then applied to establish yield targets for each Decision Zone. Your local advisor will use your Decision Zones to generate prescriptions for variable rate applications.
Variable Rate Seeding Prescriptions are just the start.
Every 1,000 plants that contribute to final yield are worth 5-7 bushels per acre.* Encirca Yield Stand is designed to help you maximize your crop stand, and resulting yield.
Conditions can change in-season in the blink of an eye. With Encirca Yield Stand you can easily make changes in real-time to adapt to changing weather or soil conditions, with multiple prescriptions by product for each field. Encirca Yield Stand also includes risk analysis tools that keep yield and profit front and center, even under the pressure of a difficult planting season.
The Encirca Yield Stand Planting Priority tool sorts all unplanted fields and highlights those that are at greatest risk if you wait to plant. This allows you to understand the impact of your logistics decisions and give you an integrated view of your information so you can make changes to maximize yield and profit potential.
Your planting plan is used to project your crop’s development throughout the growing season, using precise weather data from the exclusive DuPont Pioneer/DTN Ag Weather Network.
- Create various scenarios to see how hot summer days might impact your pollination.
- Understand the likelihood of an early freeze or the likelihood of a late harvest.
- Consider your logistics plans for nitrogen side dress or fungicide applications, or even harvest planning.
Insights from Post-Season Treatment Analysis
In addition, Encirca Yield Stand will continue to deliver insights through crop harvest. Analyze your corn or soybean yield data at the Decision Zone level to benchmark, validate, and calculate return on investment and relative performance.
Work side by side with a trusted advisor to highlight potential management changes for continuous improvement. Harness all your yield information into one system, available at your fingertips.
To get started, contact your Pioneer sales professional or Encirca certified services agent today.
* 2012-2013 data are based on average of all comparisons made in 556 locations through Dec 31, 2013. Multi-year and multi-location is a better predictor of future performance. Do not use these or any other data from a limited number of trials as a significant factor in product selection. Product responses are variable and subject to a variety of environmental, disease, and pest pressures. Individual results may vary.